Jeffrey - Greenarces, Florida

Religions Essay

Everybody has their own attitude on world religions. My personal attitude on world religions is that they all have their similarities and differences. As I study other religions I begin to understand why people act the way they act. Also why I act the way I act. Everybody believes that their religion is the real and top religions. Although I believe that my religion is the real religion, I still believe that we can a lot from other religions and apply them to our regular life style.

Since many of the religions are similar, then we can learn and apply some their teachings to our lives. For instance, the Buddhists teach meditation and says to let go of all wants to reach nirvana. I can apply this to my way of life. I will let go of all wants and dedicate my life to my god. That is only one way that religions can come together.

As I said before, there are many similarities and differences between different religions. For instance Christianity and Judaism, some similarities between the two are: they both read the Old Testament in the bible, they both believe in the same god, and the both have age determined ceremonies. They also have many differences such as: the Jewish calls their bible the Torah, the Christian faith believes that the messiah already came, and the Jewish faith have different holidays then the Christian faith.

I may think like this and says stuff like this, but in the end I really doubt that many people will go though any changes. I can’t help but try to open the mind of others. That is my attitude on world religion and the world around me. What is your attitude?