I Believe in Myself

Michael - Westland, Michigan

When I was a young boy my mother and father got divorced. It was a traumatizing experience for me, but none the less I dealt with it. My mother struggled for years and as a young man about fifteen years old I had to pay bills. I never really had the best of the best all throughout life. I wore second hand shoes, thrift store clothes and second hand coats in the winter time.

Now don’t get me wrong here I am not complaining here I am commending in a sense. I thank my mother and father for everything they did right or wrong. It was a big help in my autonomy, the growth of my self. They indirectly taught me how to be a man and what I want out of life. I want everything they could not give me. They were loving and caring parents they just were not financially or structurally there. Those are two main points that I Emphasized in my life being financially good and have a good at home structure for my children.

I believe in myself because I know no matter what happens, no matter what life throws my way I will overcome and succeed. This is not a attribute that my parent taught me or even showed me, but a attribute that my parents instilled in me without knowing so.

I believe in myself because I believe in my kids. I haven’t had them yet but I am already working for them, preparing there life for them to succeed. I believe in myself because no one else will. No one will hand you anything, nothing will get dropped in your lap you have to take or earn what you want. And I want a good life for me and my family and I am prepared to work towards it and never stop working for my family. This is what I believe.