Samantha - Redford, Michigan

“I Believe Life Goes On”

I was about eighteen at the time, and was getting ready to graduate high school in a couple months. I had been thinking a lot lately about my plans after I graduate like going to school or just working full-time.

After a little research and some help with my family I decided I wanted to run a business of my own. A couple months later I graduated high school and bought into a franchise that I was researching up on. Everything was so stressful in the beginning but we got through opening and were off to a good start. After the business was up and running for a year or so I decided that I wanted to go to college. Of course with the help of family and friends they made it happen for me. I started school full-time and was still doing my part with the business.

After a year or so with college I noticed a lot of bills were coming in and a lot of bills were not being paid. Now comes money problems, I actually had to pay out more money every month than I was bringing in every month. I was borrowing money from Peter to pay Paul and that went on for about a year or so.

So after a while school was done with and now my problem was the business. I had so many bill collectors calling and so many bills I didn’t know what to do. Now the business is going downhill and pulling me down with it. I was finally discharged from the business by the franchise owners just a couple years after I got it started.

I was eighteen had my own business was going to school full- time, what more could you possibly want at that age. I am now twenty-three and a couple years later am about to claim bankruptcy. I am now going to school full-time at Schoolcraft College and am going for my Registered Nursing Degree. I just want everyone to know that just because you fail at one thing doesn’t mean that you will fail at another. You can only grow stronger and learn from your mistakes. I am here to tell you that “I believe life goes on”.