Chelsea - USA

“When everything is wrong I’ll come talk to you. You make things alright when I’m feeling blue.” – Weezer “My Best Friend”. I believe in friendship. My friends are very important to me. I do not think life would be good without having at least one person that you can go to for anything. Where would Snoopy be without Woodstock? What about Gumby without Pokey? As I have grown up, I’ve learned just how important a friendship is and how much you should really put into it.

I can say that I am lucky enough to have two best friends, two people that I can go to for anything at all and I know that they will try to understand and help me out. My friend Beth has to be one of the coolest people I know. She and I can relate to each other on so many levels. Even though she has moved away to St. Louis, I still tell her everything. She is one of those people I may not see for three months, but we can hang out like no time has passed at all. We can sit and talk for three hours straight and never get bored. I have many memories of her. One summer we celebrated Christmas in July. We made a video and in it we dressed up in winter clothes and lip – synced to many holiday songs.

My other best friend is Rhiannon. She is one of the funniest people you could ever meet. She is always here for me no matter what. I could probably call her at 1 A.M. and after she would answer with “What? I’m sleeping,” she would help me out. It makes me proud that she tells me “you’re my shoulder to cry on even when you’re not here” and “you’re my hero.” It makes me so happy to know that I can bring that to someone’s life. Rhiannon and I spend almost every weekend together and we never seem to get sick of each other. She has taught me so much. From really silly things like how to play Guitar Hero to knowing that you really can have a friend who cares as much about the friendship as you do.

My other friends are amazing as well. Amy always gives the best advice. I could probably go to her for anything. I like to call her “Ask Amy”. Erin always has a smile on her face. She’s also very funny. Robert is sarcastic, but funny. He plays Guitar Hero better than anyone I know and he taught me how to drive a four – wheeler. Ethan teases me a lot, but he’s still one of my closest friends.

Looking back, some of the friendships I had were not the best. I always have tried to put so much into my friendships, but I sometimes felt like I was not getting the same in return. That was until now. I appreciate each and every one of my friends so much. They have made a difference in my life. I can honestly say I do not know what I would do without a single one of them. They have taught me so many things and so much about life. This is why I believe in friendships.