Kevin - USA
Themes: science

Light Bulbs

Have you ever pondered what life would be like without light bulbs? The light is an amazing invention. The light bulb helps us accomplish everyday difficult tasks. We use the light everyday without even realizing it.

The first form of light was created by Thomas Edison in 1878. Although the very first form of light was gas it was not that great. Gas light was great for heat and at times it was a good source of light. The gas would leave soot trails on everything and was not very well liked among anyone. The light bulb is more safe, cleaner, and handy than a burning flame or gas. If gas was left alone with children it could be a big hazard for them to burn themselves or cause a fire and burn the house down. The light is one of the most used utility next to electricity and water. If you think about it though, without any source of light, we’d be taking showers in the dark, unless you would have an enormous powerful candle. Without the bulb we would not be able to go anywhere at night. Our lives would be literally slowed down and wouldn’t be able to do anything at night because we wouldn’t be able to see.

I remember one significant memory that sticks out in my mind. Last year in the middle part of the winter I had the urge to use the bathroom one night. I walked into the bathroom while the brisk air pierced my shirtless body. I flipped the light switch, but there wasn’t any light. The light bulb was burned out. I just dealt with it but couldn’t see to wash my face, so I didn’t. It really made me realize how I would never be able to wash my face at night if there wasn’t any source of a bulb.

The light bulb is great and we all love it. I believe it may be one of the greatest things ever created by man.