I Believe People Never Change

Ashley - Collinsville, Illinois
Themes: addiction

People are like seasons. You think they change but they always go back to the same old pattern. I believe that people try to change, but really don’t. Many people try to make others change but it never works. We make routines and keep them the same. Most people don’t like change.

I never really thought hard about people changing until now, but I’ve come to realize that they don’t change. I mean sure they’re appearance, wardrobe, voice, and ideas may change, but the way they act never does. My parents have been drinking and partying since their teens. They still do it every night and think it’s fun. I don’t see how they think getting slopped every night and throwing up is fun.

People tend to get into these everyday routines and never change them. At school I do the same thing everyday math, history, english, etc. I always eat the same lunch, talk to the same people, and go to the same places. I don’t understand why. It’s like a natural habit, an addiction almost.

Another thing, addicts, most of them do the same thing too. They get up, drink, smoke, and do whatever their addicted to. They just sit around all day doing that and then finally pass out just to get up the next day to do it all over again.

People don’t really like to change much, it’s very odd to me. I like to go out and meet new people and live different life styles. Many people won’t do that though, they tend to shy away from it. I like the fact that I can relate to different or diverse people. I like to change the style of clothes I wear, or my haircut, or the way I wear my make up, but some people just can’t get themselves to do that. It’s understandable to and extent but to be obsessed with doing the same thing everyday is a little crazy.

In conclusion, I believe people never change. They always act the same way they did since they were young children. We all have daily routines, many are addicts, and people don’t like to change.