I Believe That Music is the Cure to Any Bad Day

Lindsey - Caseyville, Illinois

Have you ever had such a bad day that you just want to be left alone and tune everything out? Music is the best cure for a bad day and the best way to forget your troubles. Just sit in your room or take a ride in your car, turn up the music, and shut out your worries. But try to avoid sad songs, they do not do anyone any good; the best way to bring up your spirits is by putting on a fast, upbeat tune with a good tempo that you can dance to. Nothing is sweeter than riding down the road bouncing up and down and shouting the lyrics to a song you love or prancing around you room like a ballerina on speed. Do anything you can to keep your mind off whatever is going through your head and giving you a hard time.

Sometimes at school everything goes wrong. I know I’ve been there. I’ve forgotten my homework, failed a test, forgotten my lunch money, woken up late and missed the bus. It happens. That’s life. But it’s okay! On the bus ride home, throw on your headphones, put in your favorite CD, close your eyes, and relax. “Hakuna Matata” just chill.

Maybe you’re at work and your boss is giving you trouble. You were late for work, forgot a major report, or the copy machine just would not cooperate. You’re frustrated, it’s understandable. On the ride home turn on the radio to your favorite station and relax. Listen to your fave tunes and take deep breaths in and out. Tomorrow is another day, another chance to do it better, just be calm.

Everyone has a favorite song or style of music they like, and when they hear it, they smile. Whether it is rock, jazz, blues, R&B, country, rap, hip-hip, metal, oldies or anything else. When your day is rough, ignore it. Crank up the volume and daydream. Let the music drown you and don’t come up for air until all your problems have filled their lungs with water and sunk to the bottom.