Not all change is bad

Kelly - LaGrange, Illinois
Themes: change, place, purpose

Until I was eleven years old I had lived in the same red brick house in Homer Glen. Then, my parents decided they wanted to move somewhere else. It was so exciting looking at all of the houses, and my parents finally settled on one in LaGrange. I remember going to look at the house with my family, it was the beginning of the summer and when we were going through the neighborhood I remember being absolutely mind-boggled by the houses being different from each other. This is because, in Homer Glen all the houses were the same shape and shade of beige. Then when we got to the open house and I remember planning out whose room was whose, always giving myself the biggest bedroom, just like I did in all of the houses we looked at. All the while never thinking this was the house I was going to live in for the rest of my teenage years. So you can imagine my surprise when only a few short weeks later my dad told me that we had bought that house. I was nervous about moving, and didn’t really want to say goodbye to all of my neighbors and friends, but I was also excited to move, and even more excited when we had settled in. I was making a lot of friends, and since I only had three in Homer Glen I wasn’t so nervous to go to school considering I knew some people.

I have thought about it a lot, and even though it might sound cliché to you, I believe that everything happens for a reason. Especially since we were about to close on another house right before the one I live in now. I just cant imagine my life being any other way, or having any other friends than the ones that I do right now. I do still think about what my life might be like now, if I was still living in Homer Glen, and about my old friends since I lost touch with them. But now, Homer Glen just seems so much like a far away dream.