Erin - LaGrange Park, Illinois

This I believe…

If you were lost in a place that was unfamiliar, your mind, a foreign land, or your relationship with a best friend, you would want directions. That is why I believe that everyone is allowed to use directions.

Although the old theory is that men do not like to use directions, I do not believe that this it true. I believe that even the manliest of men need direction some time in their life. I know that from the day I was born, I used directions on how to do some different task of my daily life, any where from reading the simplest book, to leaning how to walk. When I think of all the times that my mother has told me not to cross the street on my own, or talk to strangers; I am glad I chose to listen to those directions because if I did not, I could have gotten hurt real bad.

A few years ago, I was having problems with a friend. I did not know what to do, so of course, I went to some one else for her to help me. I asked her if she could give me some advice on what to do. So, she gave me directions how to work it out. Still to this day those words have never let me down. If I would not have gotten those directions, then I may not be friends with some of the people that I am friends with today.

When I was little, I could tell you that I was lost in school how to write a B. It seemed so confusing, but my teacher gave me directions and I was able to write a B. To this day a B is my favorite letter to write. Now I think, what if I would not have asked for directions, I may still be writing the letter B wrong.

In the movie the “Wizard of Oz,” Dorothy wants to know how to get home. The munchkins tell her to follow the yellow brick road. The nice witch told her the in order to get home, she needs to click her heels three times, which she ended up doing, and found her way home. Even the stars in the movies need direction at some point in there life no matter how old or young. When we are all old and wrinkly we will need direction on how to get home or how to even talk, but that it why we have people around us that are willing to give us the direction that we need. I believe it to be true that we all need directions at some point in our lives.