Cassie - LaGrange Park, Illinois

I Believe…

Everyone has heard of the famous saying , “A picture is worth one thousand words.” However, I have come to believe that in reality this phrase stated is 100% true. Every once is a while when I have nothing to do, I sit down and go through one of my picture albums from when I was younger. While I am looking at those pictures thousands of positive and even some negative memories come rushing back to me.

About a month ago I was looking through my photo album when I came across some photos of my best friend Marty and me when we were about five years old. However, one photograph stook out in my mind and drew my attention to that specific photo. In the photo, Marty and I were sitting inside of a dresser that was intended to be for stuffed animals, but we thought it was the perfect place to play with out toys and just hang out. Whenever I went over to Marty’s house we would sit inside that dresser and play and talk for hours. I remember us thinking it was the coolest secret hiding place because we were on our own, and if we were quiet enough we wouldn’t be found.

Personally, I believe we were very mature kids for our age, mostly because we would sit in that dresser and talk for hours about how we thought the future would be and what we thought was going to happen. Of course, being little kids that were also best friends, we believed we would grow up best friends and eventually get married, but what can I say? We were only five years old.

Unforunately, our friendship eventually faded and we moved on with our lives. When he moved away, our communication gradually slowed down and soon ended. Even thought we do no talk anymore, our memoires will never fade or be forgotten, thanks to the pictures that were taken. They remind us of our past and how things used to be. So whenever I am bored or have free time with nothing to do, I pull out my photo album and almost re-live all of the memories from the past. Because in reality pictures are not only worth one thousand words,/ they are worth one thousand memories. That is why I believe in the quality and memories a photo contains.