Olivia - Tulsa, Oklahoma

I believe family is really important because they will always be there for you. When I was born I was sick. I had a hole in my lung and had to be in the baby intensive care for several days. My grammy, who lived in Perry, OK, came and took care of me and my mom. Whenever I was sick she would be there for me. My grammy was there when my little sister, Katie, was born too. She loves us so much, and shows this in many ways. One way is that she would come and watch my sister and me when my mom would have to be gone. She made sure my dad did not drop us and we had good food to eat. That is just one example of a good family member. Now that my grammy has had a stroke and is in a nursing home we are the ones that take care of her. I visit and rub lotion on her arms and legs for her and fix her liver and onions to eat.

Another example of good family members are your mom and dad. They will love you even when you are bad, sick, hurt or any other condition. Family is the most important thing in my life and it should be in yours too. You should cherish the family you have.

I also have godparents. They have been really good friends of my mom and dad for a very long time. My uncle Stephen is really my godfather but, he is better than any “real” uncle I have because he chooses to be with me and not because he has to or is related to me. The same goes for Renee, is my mom’s best friend, she loves me and my sister a lot. It is a nice feeling to have people love you just because they want to. It is really nice when they remember special things about you like your birthday and school functions. They call or send cards to let me know they are thinking of me.

My sister Katie looks up to me a lot. She always wants to look ,act , and dress like me. Katie is the best sister ever. Not just because she would do most anything I tell her to do but because she doesn’t act like someone she is not and she is so sweet. Everyone likes her because she is nice, considerate, not selfish like I can be sometimes, and mostly because she is a good person.

Families are the best thing that God has given us. Family is the people who will always have your back. My family is the best that anyone could ever ask for. They have supported me and been there for me through thick and thin. When they die they will still be there for me to guide me through life. That is why I believe in family.