Kellie - San diego, California
Themes: hope

I believe that possessing a positive attitude is our secret weapon in life’s journey towards health and happiness. A positive attitude affects our ability to make wise decisions that will ensure a more fulfilling future. With all the factors that we have no control of, why not take control of your attitude.

Everyone has misfortunes that can lead to disappointments and low self esteem. Could these be the lessons in life that teach us how we should react? The attitude is our guidebook to how we think and react. We could always blame others, and feel anger or regret. The decision is yours, so make it a wise one. I can remember as a teenager, not being able to afford the jeans that gave most kids a sense of value, the “Jordache jean self esteem.” I thought to myself, I couldn’t really be angry with the kids that have them, nor could I be disappointed with my parents to give me money that they didn’t have. I thought as a young adult, I’m still worthy of being popular without the jeans, and I was. I can now reflect on a valued lesson of self worth from having a positive attitude that started as a young adult.

Since we spend most of our adult lives working, you might consider the effects that positive thinking has on your career. We all know the feeling of mind over matter, the “I can attitude.” I believe that this kind of attitude is a must have, it’s the very trait that will allow you to climb to the top of your professional ladder. As a co-manager, I believed I could do anything, as long as I used my resources. I discovered that the attitude I chose, aided me in my promotion to store manager. Furthermore, through positive thinking, I was able to adapt to the change at work instead of fight it. This healthy decision allowed me to take control of my stress level. This created a healthy environment for my team, myself, and it supported the company directives. Because attitude affects everyone around you, why not choose a healthy one.

I believe that a positive attitude will guide you through life’s obstacles. It’s your choice to decide if you want to be plagued with stress, anger, and regret. The key is in your attitude, which dictates your thoughts, which effects your reactions, and leaves you with a higher level of health and happiness. Take control of your attitude.