Jentaee - Redford, Michigan
Themes: family, purpose

While growing up I was faced with many challenges, my mother was very young when she had me and my siblings. The thought of growing up just never crossed her mind. She preferred the long night parties, the designer clothes and drugs. These were all of her choices.

I feel in life you have endless choices to make whether you want to be a felon or an upstanding citizen, a college graduate of a high school drop out these are all disions we have to make for our selves.

In my case I had two bad parents both whom did drugs scammed people and just didn’t care about there children.

Because of this, people tell me all the time that they are surprised that I didn’t turn to drugs or had several children by many different men. This always socked me, I was not my parents! Nor did I ever want to be. My response to this statement always is that they were the perfect example of how I did not want to live my life.

I believe that everything in life happens for a reason; and I was given these people as parents because god knew that I could handle them. We all chose our path in life and yes there are sometimes boulders in our way, so we need to find our strength deep inside and just blow them up.

My path choice has leaded me to a life of happiness, it has not always been easy but I am happy. I value my children more then anything in this world and take the time to enjoy the little things in life. I halved learned that no matter what cards you are given you can always change your hand. But that is also a choice you have to make for yourself.