Matt - la crosse, Wisconsin

I believe that nice guys can finish first; that at the end of the day, the nice guy can get the girl. Although I may be single and out of a date for a long time, I still feel that eventually I will get the girl of my dreams and be happy once again. I see it everywhere I look, my friends all finding that great girl (or guy) that sees everything they has to offer.

Although there are many guys that pursued her, she chose him; she could see that he was genuine and cared about her, and not how good she looked. Being the outside observer you would expect her to be someone who picked the best looking guy out of the bunch but she didn’t, she chose the one that would be there for her through thick and thin and would not pick up and leave once the next best thing came along.

I look at that and am amazed and in awe of them, it does not make me pity myself and make me sad to see others happy, it gives hope and he confidence that good things do happen to good people as long as they are patient. Contrary to the fact that as I said before, I am single and still waiting for that person to walk into my life or if that person is there, then I am waiting for them to realize what they seek is right in front of them. Even though I have had my fair share of bad experiences I still keep a positive outlook and move forward and learn along with realizing maybe they weren’t right for me. One thing that I think is a good way to think about things and I consider a philosophy that I loosely follow is a quote from the movie Hitch that any guy can sweep any girl off her feet, he just needs the right broom. This is why I believe that the nice guy can finish first.