Matthew - LaGrange Park, Illinois
Themes: family, pleasure

I truly believe in pudding. You heard me correctly, the creamy, rich, fantastic dessert with so much flavor that with one taste you’ll be coming back for seconds and thirds. Pudding is a food that I can go for twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week and I still wouldn’t get enough of it. I’ll eat any flavor from chocolate, vanilla, butterscotch, and lemon, to mint, oreo, strawberry, and tapioca. That’s the reason why I like pudding the best, because there are so many flavors to choose from and if you don’t like one flavor there’s always another flavor out there waiting for your liking.

I really started believing in pudding ever since I was a young child. For most of my family parties there was pudding and when my Mom made pudding at home, I was always the first one at her side to scoop up the left overs. In an odd way pudding brought everyone together because it was something that we all enjoyed to eat no matter what mood we had been in before. Another reason why I believe in the magic of pudding is because back in grade school when I was sick and home from school, I could always count on a bowl with my name on it in the fridge. As soon as I took that first swig of pudding and shoveled it into my mouth, it seemed to cure any illness that I had, at least for the three minutes that I was eating it.

When everything else in the world is dull or gloomy, I know I can turn to one thing that I truly believe in and will make me happy. I also understand that I might have to believe in something else one day or I might become a heavier lad at the rate I’m eating pudding, but right now with my metabolism pumping like a well oiled machine I can still believe in the dessert I truly love…. Pudding.