Jackie - LaGrange, Illinois

This I believe

Have you ever done anything that you ever wished you could take back? I know that I have. Mistakes are very natural in life; in fact, I do not think anyone could go their whole life without messing up. The important thing is to learn from your mistake and even be able to laugh at it.

I am probably the poster child for making mistakes and laughing at them. Once I got my tongue stuck to an ice tray; I know many of you are think how the heck do you get your tongue stuck to a whole ice tray but believe me it can be done. At the time I was freaking out and was really embarrassed but today I laugh at that story and I learned never to try to get a piece of ice off the tray with your mouth. Then later that week I accidentally super glued my fingers together while talking on the phone. I, of course, did not hang up on my friend and proceeded to talk on the phone and figure out a way to unstick my fingers without landing in the emergency room, where I am pretty sure the entire staff would come down and see the girl who super glued her fingers together before even helping me. From every mistake a person makes they learn a new thing, like how to unstick fingers and talk on the phone at the same time, which can be a very useful skill, that made my phone conversation very eventful. I know that if we did not laugh at our mistakes we would just dwell on them and probably become really depressed. When I laugh at my mistake, I always feel better because I know I am not the only one who has made that mistake, but maybe I am the only one in the whole world who did get their tongue stuck to an ice tray and super glue their fingers together in the same week.

Ninety-nine percent of the time, you will be able to go back and laugh at your mistakes but out of that, ninety-nine percent you probably only have a one percent chance of writing an essay about those mistakes and sharing it. Mistakes make your life a little more interesting. I mean not many people can say that they have got their tongue stuck to an ice tray and super glued their fingers together all in one week. From those two mistakes, I learned something new and got a great story to tell. This I believe is why making mistakes and being able to laugh and learn something new, is important so you can have an interesting life.