Sully - LaGrange, Illinois
Themes: sports

I believe in the sport of soccer. The sport that is known across the world full of passion, joy, and honor. I believe in showing your true colors and waiting 90 minutes for the thrilled commentator to roar “GOAL!” or “Oh my, what a finish!” Now don’t get me wrong, I love football, basketball, and all other kinds of sports. But I believe the history and connection between millions across the world is truly unique. I believe that it’s a sport you don’t have to be 6 feet tall or on steroids, to be successful in. It’s just you and the ball, and the things you can do with it are unlimited.

I believe that back in the day that seemingly “intense” victory in AYSO seemed so much sweeter with that bag of mini Oreos and Capri Sun afterwards. It’s a game that involves skill, endurance, and culture. I say culture because I believe soccer is a sport that can stop a war, or start one, and allow two completely different countries to combine together for 90 minutes of competition, just soccer. I believe that to truly succeed in this game, you must truly love it. Not just enjoy kicking a ball, but the fact that people across the world make a ball out of anything they can find, grab the kids down the street, and play, shows the true passion of the sport. People around the world call it the poor man’s sport, but I believe it’s a sport that everyone can enjoy, live, and experience.

Now am I telling you or convincing you to go out and play soccer? Not at all, I just want you to know that I believe the game of soccer, or Futbol, is for all ages, and that all kids can pull their shirts over their head or dance in the corner of the field after their glorious goal, and know the true experience of the beautiful game, soccer.