Eileen - LaGrange Park, Illinois
Themes: morality

I believe in morals. I believe that morals are necessary in everyone’s life. They are not usually something that we think about in ever day life, but when we really need them, morals are there to help us. If you get caught in a difficult situation, all you have to do is stop, think, and remember your morals. Morals will follow you throughout your entire life, and no matter what, they will always help bale you out.

I believe in morals because I know that I can count on them to help me when I face a difficult situation. I remember when I would go grocery shopping with my mom when I was younger. I would pass by a toy and instantly drop to the ground and beg my mom to buy it for me. When she would say no, I would just want to take it anyways and sneak it in with the rest of the groceries, hoping that she would not notice. I never could sneak the toy in though, something always stopped me. It was like there was a little voice inside my head that would always say no, no you can not do that, it is not right. That voice was my conscious, whispering my morals to me.

Also, when I do poorly on a test, quiz, or even just on homework, my morals are there to help me out. When I see my bad grade staring straight up at me in black and white, I get this gnawing feeling in my stomach. That gnawing feeling that builds up in my stomach is a feeling of failure, disappointment, and frustration at myself for not doing better. This disappointed feeling makes me want to scream out in anger during class, and I just do not care what any one thinks or says about me. For some reason I decide not to scream. Maybe it is just because I can not muster a big enough scream to give my frustration justice, but really, I know that it is because of my morals. They tell me that venting will not change my grade or make me any happier.

I believe in morals for both of these reasons and many, many more. They are the reason why there are good people in the world, and why there are also bad people. What is always there for you when you need them most, your morals. I know I can always count on them to get me through the tough times. I believe in morals because they will follow you through life and never completely go away. The main reason I believe in morals is because everyone has different morals, and that is what helps make us unique.