The Ways of Love

Vinia - 92677, California

Imagine life with no family, friends, or people there to love you. The world wouldn’t go around as steadily as it should. Without love, the universe would have no true meaning and happiness. Love is a deep affection that comes from the heart. This affection is expressed in countless ways and gives different significant meanings. Family will always love each other. Having a significant other will give you a whole different feeling of love. Also your close friends will support you throughout life. Family, boyfriends/girlfriends, and friends convey special types of love.

No matter what happens, family will be there for each other. A sibling can not be replaceable and provides a relationship that no one can steal. I have a younger brother named Darren and we get along, for the most part. But I know we will never forget growing up together. Making it through our parents’ divorce was a challenge for our family. Waking up to the sound of yelling, at three in the morning, traumatized me. With my door slightly ajar, I was woken up in bed by my dad saying my name repeatedly. I saw my mom shoving and roaring at my dad. Feeling helpless, I felt my palms dampen and the blood rushing to my brain making me feel dizzy and heavy. All I heard was my heart beating hastily and the hissing of my mother. My dad was holding my mom’s arms to stop her from striking. I started to feel my throat tighten and my head scrunch as I began to cry. My little brother woke up too and ran to my bed with me, weeping in fear. It would have been a lot harder if Darren wasn’t there to relate with. Darren and I grew up together and developed a unique relationship. Siblings share a connection that no one else can feel or conquer. Friends were there to support me but they didn’t understand the situation entirely. Boyfriends or girlfriends can comfort you to feel better in a different way than a sibling or a friend.

Experiencing love with the opposite sex expresses a type of love that is incomparable to family. Having someone there to love you day and night, emotionally and physically, is sensational. Revealing love with a significant other is breathtaking but needs development. When you first start having feelings towards a person, it’s thrilling and exciting. When you catch a glimpse of them, you tingle from head to toe. You feel your heart thrust faster and the butterflies clatter against your stomach. Having a boyfriend/girlfriend gives more intense emotion than the “first feelings”. When you’re with them, time is stalled and nothing else matters. They make your heart weaken and collapse. Your body is warm inside like you’re next to a fireplace on a rainy day. Whenever you’re down, love can always help bring you back up on your feet. Being with someone you love leaves you feeling secure and special. However, being in a relationship tends to undergo harsh times. But with your friends beside you, they help you inch your way through.

Having a close friend of the same gender can furnish love too. Friends can share their similar interests and troubles. Everyone shares enjoyable memories together, but friends give the most satisfying moments that are never to be forgotten. My best friend, since I was young, is Carly. We tell each other everything and we aren’t worried about being our abnormal selves. I ask her specific questions that I wouldn’t normally ask a family member or a boyfriend. Looking back on our childhood spent together, we had an imagination of our own. Carly was my neighbor and we would play all day. On gloomy, cold days we would go outside and build a fort together. We gathered towels, blankets, umbrellas, big cardboard boxes, and pillows from our homes and hurried outside to make shelter for the imaginary storm that was coming. We started off with our gigantic boxes, expanding and connecting them so we can crawl through our tunnel. We placed the umbrellas at the openings of our fort so no wind would sneak through. Inside with all our blankets, towels, and pillows, Carly and I spread the towels on the floor and used our blankets for warmth and comfort. Snuggled up together in comfy blankets, we told one other that we will always remain best friends. That was when I knew our love was the beginning of forever. I have known Carly for nearly 14 years. She is my best friend and I know we will be there for each other no matter how bumpy the road gets. Friendship is a powerful bond of intimacy between one another and without it, love would be hard to discover.

Love is a tender passion that conquers all. Family sticks together through thick and thin. My brother, Darren was there to understand me about our family mishaps. Boyfriends/girlfriends give thoughts of delight that no one else can provide. Additionally, friends bestow excitement, entertainment and memories as one. For me Carly, my best friend, gives me a shoulder to lean on. Without our family, partner, or friends, there would be no real love in life. Life would be dull and there would be nothing to look forward to. Love is something everyone needs to feel content and whole. This affection possesses several meanings that are significant in their own unique way. Without a doubt, the world could not survive without love.