Grace - LaGrange, Illinois
Themes: love

True love, not everyone finds theirs. Though, I believe every person in the world has one true love. True love is extremely difficult to explain, there really are no words to describe the feeling, only examples and stories.

I do not believe that I have met the love that I am intended to marry, but I have met many, many friends that I do consider my true loves. Two in particular, my best friend since preschool, Baleace, and a boy I met just recently, Paul.

Many people know of the relationship between Baleace and I, best friends since we were three. Of all of the people I know, she knows the most about me, mostly because she has been with me through it all. As with all great friends, we have our differences, but somehow, we always get through them. One argument in particular that I remember very vividly was at Baleace’s sixth birthday party. She had received a board game, but not just any board game, Operation, the doctor game I had wanted for ages. I was so jealous, but I didn’t dare let it show, for she would’ve loved that, I just could not give her that satisfaction. So I hid my jealousy. We played the game, it was amazing, even better than I had imagined. We were giggling and having a great time, until she hit the side of one of the shapes, causing a buzzing sound. She was devastated that she had failed, and instead of comforting her, I laughed and said she should just give the game to me because clearly she was no good at it. Of course she yelled at me for being horribly mean so I stormed off. We stayed mad at one another for all of five minutes, after that we heard the buzzer go off, someone else had messed up, this caused us to fall into an insatiable laughter, thus resolving our petty fight. This may not seem like a big deal to other people, but for the two of us, it was a bit traumatic. We have had quite a few fights since then but we always get through them. I believe that Baleace will always be my best friend and I am extremely fortunate to have her. I value her and the love we share more than life.

Now, Paul, what do I say about him? Let’s start at the beginning. I met him just this past summer. We met on a mission trip in a small town about an hour north of Orlando. While there, we didn’t speak too much, but later in the week, when our groups were moved to Orlando, we were in the same hotel, so we ran into each other quite a bit. We eventually exchanged numbers so now we talk almost every day. but, we don’t get to see each other anymore, because he lives in Florida. But because we talk almost everyday, I know he will do anything for me, and I for him. Because we truly love one another.

I believe in true love. Whether it be for marriage, or just an amazing friendship, true love is all around us.