The infinite power of God

Franco - salisbury, North Carolina

This is the true story of my beliefs. I have always known that God would be there for you in everything you need. Unfortunately, I never really did anything to be with God. I didn’t go to church or prayed a lot until a couple of years ago.

I began living by myself in an apartment here in Salisbury, NC. I had my job, and everything was going well. One day, something happened and broke my heart. I was completely sad and didn’t know what to do. I quitted my job and lost myself in sadness. When I was ready to move on, I couldn’t find a job until help came out of nowhere. At first, I didn’t know how that had happened, so I got my job and kept going with my life. Everything was fine. I had a nice job and was living great. Later on, I was laid off because the company was closing down; I was without a job again.

Two months went by and my life began to seem impossible. My debts began to grow, I didn’t have a job, and I didn’t know what to do. I got scared at first because I didn’t know how I was going to survive that time until something greater than before occurred. I was cleaning my room one day, and I had found two checks from my first job. The checks were of an equal of a thousand dollars, and even though they were old, I could still replace them and cash them. I never remembered having these checks, and I really don’t know how the idea of arranging some papers came to my mind that day. I had a huge pack of papers I never checked when cleaning, but that day I decided to see them. When I could finally cash them, I was pretty much out of debt. After that, another surprise came to me. My last job, where I had been laid off, was supposed to give me a thousand dollars as a bonus, but months kept going by without receiving it. When I was told to give it up because they wouldn’t give it, I decided to call my bank and check my account. I got the surprise that the bonus was in my account. It was seven hundred dollars after taxes, but it surely helped me out of debt. Where did all this money come from? It is a very good question. Then I had the answer. It was God. God had helped me find the money and get me out of my hard time. I knew it was Him. From that day on, I have never felt afraid anymore. If something bad happened to me, I was not scared because I knew God would help me. My belief in God had gotten extremely stronger, and there was nothing that could make me doubt about my faith in Him anymore.

From that day on, I am always trusting God. I always tell my mom and everyone I know to always trust God. There is no time when He is not with you. When you really believe in Him, the doors will open, and your life will be easy. “Ask and you shall receive.” It is a very common phrase we all know. I love God, and I know He will be with me every step of the way. There is nothing more powerful than Him. His infinite power has touched me, and it is within me. He has made a lost sheep find his way again to happiness and greatness. God bless every one of us, always. This I believe.