Laws Of Attraction

Hanna - Tucson, Arizona
Themes: hope

I believe in the law of attraction, and have seen first hand what the human mind can accomplish when its powers are truly utilized. Through positive thinking one can conquer any obstacle. “All we are is the result of what we have thought.” (-Buddha) Every second of everyday human beings will find themselves facing a choice. These choices produce feelings within us leaving one ultimately feeling either good or bad. Some words that might associate with good feelings might be love, happiness, joy, trust, and peace. What you choose to focus on and the power of manifestation can ultimately aid in your happiness, even when one might find themselves trapped in a recurring mental fog of negativity.

It was not until recently that I came across a great “secret.” Everything in my life seemed to be falling apart. Day after day I became gradually more sad and depressed. As a result I continuously regurgitated these negative thoughts by thinking about how sad or depressed I was. My sister Robin recognized my state. The week before she had just seen a self-help movie entitled “The Secret.” She explained that it had completely changed the way that she processed information, both good and bad. Robin was absolutely rapt with the idea the secret purposed and was sure it would help me. Though skeptical, I took her advice and bought the DVD. I too was inspired. “The Secret” came to me at the perfect time in my life. Just when I thought that all the contention in my life could not be heavier, they suddenly transformed into challenges that I could conquer. All I had to believe in were the power of my thoughts. In theory, the lessons expressed by “The Secret” make perfect sense. The application is a conscience effort that each person must put forth in order to see results. The universe is a working world full of energy, and this energy can be harnessed by your mind, or it can be blocked. Studies show that when the human mind envisions the accomplishment of a task, it reacts the same as if it were actually accomplishing the SAME task. A human being who thinks positive, will see positive. And when positive is always on the mind, it cannot co-exist with negative. ‘What should I wear?’ or ‘What should I eat?’ are examples of the many choices commonly faced. After these choices are recognized one is then confronted with decisions (likely trivial in nature). That is when feelings reveal themselves, pulling one way or the other. They will guide you to positive paths. I have learned to choose what I want in life and to focus on it. Picture in your mind what it is that you want and feel, and feel the emotions as if you already have it. This energy is an attractive force and as a result will bring to you the things that you envision in you mind. Nothing is too big for the Universe so dream big!

“Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” (-Dr. martin Luther King Jr.) Having the faith that one day you will see your dreams materialize is all that it takes to turn dreams into reality.

Really concentrating on what I wanted proved to work for my benefit. Just the other day a thought came to my mind: ‘I need a new car…and that’s the one I want.’ Just looking at it made me happy. I could see myself inside the car. I could see my hands gripping the steering wheel. Shortly after, I found myself test driving the vehicle. My heart skipped a beat when the salesman asked if I wanted to drive it. Immediately a huge grin dominated my face as I climbed inside. The rich smell of leather filled the car. Everything was so shiny and new. The car was pure luxury. As soon as my foot made contact with the gas pedal as I felt the perfect response of the steering wheel obey my command, I new it was the one for me. Producing the smoothest ride of my life accompanied with many other features, I of course was hooked. I took home the pamphlet, which explained the car in detail. For months it rested on my coffee table. I looked at it over and over fantasizing about what color I would get and how well I would look in it.

The days passed, and each time I thumbed through the pamphlet the car began to feel more and more like it was mine. At the same time, I felt the anxiety and excitement that I experienced the day I test-drove it. The vision of this car was stuck in my mind. Unable to get it out of my thoughts I decided re-envision this idea again. I then went back to the dealership and talked about the financing options. I knew my credit might not be sufficient due to the fact that the week before I was working on fixing my credit issues. Nonetheless, my credit passed. I could not believe it! Overjoyed with my luck, it felt as if everything falling into place. I spent almost all day at the dealership. But after all the excitement I was told that they could not give me the car that day and that I could leave a deposit and then come back in a couple days and finalize the paperwork. As I tried to digest the foul news, my cell rang. A man named Mike was on the other end asking me if I was still selling my current car. Once again I was stunned. I knew I would get more money selling my car to a private party instead of trading it in. Mike seemed very interested in my car and verbally said that he would buy it as long as it sufficient ly passed his drive test. We agreed to meet at the Lexus dealership in Scottsdale the following day. He ended up buying my car, which then enabled me to put more money down. This meant that not only could I lease the new car (as the dealer stated in Tucson), but I could qualify to buy the car. I chose to buy the car and I drove it home that night.

This story of how I got my new car always puts a smile on my face. To this day I take such good care of my new car. The law of attraction became a reality for me. And this is only a very small example of what can be accomplished. This is why I encourage myself to continually think positive. Because positive thinking has not only manifested possessions, it has more importantly attracted amazing people into my life. Focusing on the positive and giving the kind of effort I want in return is an encouraging start. It takes a lot of faith and a detailed mental vision to bring it to reality. “Whatever you think about you bring about…” (-Dr. John F. Demartini D.C. B.Sc., Philosopher)