Jana - westland, Michigan

A couple days ago, I had gotten into a car accident with my car. My friend was with me, and I felt so bad about the whole thing even happening. Don’t get me wrong, I am a good driver and the car accident wasn’t my fault one bit, but I still felt horrible, as if I let my friends and family down.

I was in Ypsilanti with my friend, we were driving down a subdivision, and all of a sudden this lady runs a stop sign, forcing me to collide into her. I didn’t have a stop sign, so I had no other choice, but to run into her. This was my first car accident, and I had no clue what to do, or who to call. I felt so disappointed in myself. First I called the police. They were nice about the whole situation. The lady got a ticket, but that’s not what is important.

I ended up calling one of my friends who happened to live two houses down from where I had gotten into my car accident. He rushed over, missing his doctor’s appointment, just to see if I was ok and that I wasn’t hurt at all. He helped me out a lot. He helped me call my insurance company to try to straighten things out. He also encouraged me to tell my mom about the car accident. I was so afraid of what she would do to me! My friend gave me some advice to help me tell my mom what happened. Thanks to him, my mom wasn’t mad, she was just happy that I wasn’t hurt at all.

I realized that my friends mean the world to me, and that they really care deeply for me. I never want to loose sight of any of my friendships because I know now that my friends will be there for me no matter what the situation. They will give you great advice to help you out. What I know now, is that I have wonderful friends, and I don’t know what I would do without them. I also know now that I can definitely go out on a limb for any of my friends, close friend or not, I’ll be there! I believe in friendship.