Lucia - 8408 Winterthur, Switzerland

I’m Italian but born and grow up in Switzerland. I’ve travel a lot and that gave me the opportunity to make experiences which have become very precious to me. I have learned from persons who were placed like signposts in my life and many circumstances have teached me important lessons.

I’ve learned to enjoy the moment by seeing a little child playing with enthusiasm not worrying about tomorrow.

I’ve learned to appreciate little things by seeing how a homeless enjoys a simple cup of coffee.

I’ve learned to listen by seeing how persons in moments of their life are grateful when someone listens to them without prejudice or trying to give an advice.

I’ve learned to do my best even if no one else remarks it by knowing how God appreciates and loves a song of someone who could never perform it before public.

I’ve learned to smile by seeing persons who enjoy their live even if they live in a difficult situation.

I’ve learned to be more spontaneous by seeing an old man joyful greet which enriched my day and puts a smile on my face every time I think back on it.

I’ve learned to appreciate life in their entire facet from a person who knew she would die and was thankful for every day she got.

I’ve learned that not material things bring happiness by a neighbour who lived in poverty but sung happily every evening.

I’ve learned that there is an exit from a bad situation by seeing how a plant has to pass the dark earth before it can see the sun.

I’ve learned that there is always hope by the citation of Martin Luther King: “Even if the world would go down tomorrow then I would still plant an apple tree today”.

I’ve learned to let me inspire by the story the nature tells me about the Creator.

I’m thankful that I had the privilege to meet persons or to have been in circumstances who/which taught me important lessons which I try to integrate in my life. Lessons I couldn’t learn anywhere else. Many times I missed the teaching, maybe because I was to busy or to concentrate on myself but how precious have they become every time I got one.

I have learned and I’m still learning but I hope also that others can learn from me and so share my God-given treasures with them.