Troy - Illinois

I Believe in Santa.

I believe all little kids should think Santa is real. All kids should get the chance to believe in Santa because when you thought Santa was real Christmas was so much more enthusiastic and exciting. I can remember scurrying around trying to get cookies and milk so I would get my toys for sure and not the dreadful coal.

How on earth does Santa become present in little kids minds, and how did we not know Santa was fake by his unique description? A big man in a bright red suit sneaks down millions of kids chimney’s and drops them off their toys in less than like 6 hours. All the kids from here to L.A. have heard or know about Santa. Yet no kids even seem to question Santa until 2nd grade or later. Because so many kids know about Santa if you happen to bring it up, or mention it in your conversation the kids you are talking to switch the subject completely, to Santa and Christmas. Then they blabber on about what they want and how Santa is going to bring them this and that. Their faces just light up and you can tell how happy all of the kids get.

Christmas just wouldn’t be the same if there were no kids that believe in Santa, or if there was no Santa. A Christmas without Santa would be like cake with no sugar. Christmas would just be another religious holiday with no presents or goodies without Santa. Santa is the holiday spice to Christmas.

For the parents sake it is good to get your child/children to believe in Santa because you can tell your kid if you are naughty Santa will bring you coal instead of toys. Even though that is bull, parents would never give coal to their kid (unless if they were mean), but the kid will respond to that seriously. And children will behave and get good grades even if it’s just during the holidays, its something. So technically the holidays are a win-win situation, because if the kid behaves the parents win and if the kid gets gifts he wins.

When I was little Christmas was my favorite holiday and it still is but, Christmas was so much better when you were expecting Santa to come and not your parents. I would always count down from Thanksgiving to Christmas. I had a small list of toys that I had been wanting for the last 6 months. Then on Christmas Eve I would be so excited I wouldn’t be able to sleep until 1 in the morning because I knew Santa was on his way.

Therefore, kids should be able to believe in Santa because parents and kids, can benefit from it. Santa is now a huge part of our culture and any kid would be missing the whole holiday spirit if you didn’t believe in Santa.