Marlin - Roseville, California
Themes: sports

After I read a few essays, I thought what did I believe in. That second a good friend of mine called me and had asked me if I would like to go to Mammoth Bar OHV Park. After I finished talking with my friend, I wanted my essay to do with motocross. Then it came to me. I believe in the one thing in motocross that makes you feel true freedom. I believe in dirt jumps. After you jump a dirt jump and you’re in the air for those few seconds you leave the world. You have no car payments, no house payments, just no stress full problems. Your mind is clear and your just weight less, while Mother Nature carries you through the air in her hands. While I was writing this I tried to think of something I could compare dirt jumps too. And I could only think of one thing, drugs. Drugs and dirt jumps are similar because drugs take you away into a worry free world and the same happens when a person preloads off a dirt jump and clears a seventy foot gap. But when you do drugs theirs are so many negatives for example addiction, with drawls, and overdose. The negatives for dirt jumping are over clearing the jump which is when you jump and go way past the landing and bottom out, and people usually break their legs. The other negative is under clearing the jump which is the worst thing you could ever do. When I went out to Mammoth Bar another friend of mine tried to jump an impossible jump. He came up short and flew over the handlebars then the bike ended up running him over. He was perfectly fine luckily, just a little shaken up. The only thing I can say about the negatives is. It’s up to you. I believe everyone should experience the freedom of a dirt jump. The weight less feeling is like nothing a person has ever felt. I believe in dirt jumps.