Celina - Willow Springs, Illinois
Themes: family, pleasure

This I Believe Speech

I believe that my aunt makes the best chocolate cake in the whole world.

My aunt has been making her cake for many years. It has also been in the family for many generations. I usually do not like chocolate cake, let alone chocolate, but my aunt’s cake is the only one I will even attempt to eat. She puts so much time into her cake and makes it for every special occasion my family has. She takes great pride in her cake and will make it whenever anyone asks for it.

When I was younger, I would always go to my aunts house and she would watch me for the day while my mom went to work. Everyday she would have a piece of cake ready for me when I woke up from my nap. I love her chocolate cake. It is so rich and so good. Every time I would get it I would scarf it down in my high chair and leave a mess for my aunt to clean up. She appreciates how much I love her cake because her own kids would not eat it as much as I would and she adored the thought of her niece loving her cake that much.

I believe that her cake is the best cake in the whole entire world because no one in my family likes a lot of chocolate and we wont touch chocolate cake no matter what it has in it or where it is from. Once we tried my aunt’s cake it was like we’ve never tried something so good.

Even though my mom knows the secret recipe it is still not as good as my aunt’s recipe when my mom tries to make it. She gets people asking her almost every other week to make her cake, just because all of her friends and the people she works with love her cake so much. Even when we had to do a project at school and bring in a food that represents your family, I brought my aunt’s cake into the class. Everyone was asking how she made it and I would not tell them because it only stays in the family.

To this day my aunt is famous for her chocolate cake and will never stop making it or else I think my whole family would kill her! She loves her cake and no one knows her secret recipe in the whole world beside my family. It is a family tradition and will stay a family tradition through the next generations.