Chloe - LaGrange, Illinois

Be Yourself

When I was told to write this for a school assignment I didn’t want to start it like everyone else does. Just having it start out with “I Believe” seemed to repetitive for me. So instead I started to think of all the things I don’t believe in which was really easy to do. I tried to think of all the things I did believe in but it seemed impossible to pick something that I really cared about. It took me a while to realize that what I believe in was already written in my first paragraph. I believe that everyone should be themselves because no one can be truly happy if they live their life by trying to fit a mold.

A lot of my friends try to be just like everyone else but they don’t see it and it makes me wonder if they see that change. They want to get the same things as everyone and they try act like everyone and they do something because everyone else. I understand that some people like the things that are “in” so they get them without really noticing that a lot of people have that item. But more and more of the people I know are not being who they are. Most people will like you for you and not for you acting like someone else.

But sometimes people don’t want to fit so they try to be different. And with being different there are the people who set out to be so unlike others that they actually start to become like everyone else who tries to be different. They try to set themselves apart so much that they still aren’t who they truly are. Being yourself should be first nature. You should be proud of who you are and not let anyone make you think otherwise because there is no one else in the whole world who is exactly you. So simply put I believe in being different.