Sarah - Lagrange, Illinois

I believe in laughter and humor. I think that these are very important aspect in everyone’s lives. They not only help us relax, but also help us live a healthier lifestyle.

I believe laughter brings a family together. It creates a positive atmosphere and makes everyone more enjoyable to be around.

My friends and I love to joke around with each other. It just gets rid of the stress that has built up that day. It always happens that I am sitting alone and I remember something funny that one of my friends said to me earlier that day. I start cracking up to myself. The humorous memory picks me up and brightens my day.

I have a family that loves playing practical jokes. For example, we used to have a farm in Ohio where we liked to go camping. We rented a port-o-potty to accommodate all of the campers. My cousin was using it and my dad thought it would be funny to duct tape the door shut. So he taped the door shut and started shaking it while my cousin was going to the bathroom. It was hilarious and disgusting! I have a dad who is really funny and he is always making jokes whenever my friends are around. Sometimes it is impossible to stop laughing. My little sister also takes after my dad and is always trying to humor the whole family, and it normally works. Whenever we get into arguments with one another, my sister always pops up from somewhere and says something silly that lightens everyone’s mood. I think that it is much more enjoyable to be around your family when they are in a good mood and when everyone is laughing, we appreciate each other more and it alleviates any tension accumulated throughout the day.

Whether you believe it or not, laughter is actually good for you. Some doctors actually use laughter to help heal some mental and physical diseases. Laughing releases tension in our diaphragms and relieves pressure on internal organs. Plus, seeing someone else laugh is many times infectious. If we all laughed a little more, we would be on our way to becoming stress free.

I love laughing and making people laugh. I focus my life on my schoolwork, but I look forward to coming home and being able to laugh and release all of my stress. My family is always there to make me laugh when I need it most. Sometimes it can make my whole day brighter.

I believe laughter is the key to purifying your body. I think that everyone needs to take some time to laugh more during their hectic lives. Whether I am laughing with my friends, family, or even to myself, I will always remember those little moments that make life more worth living.