Soul Mates

Lindsay - BS30 9YU, United Kingdom
Themes: love

It is my belief that everybody needs someone, a special person, a soul mate and that at a certain point in our lives we will find that person. Of all the people I have known it my soul mate came into my life at a time when I needed a friend although I never realised just how much. His understanding and guidance through my darkest hours and his unquestionable support was given unconditionally when I needed it most. He brought a new understanding of life, a renewed feeling of being alive and soon my emotions deepened and my feelings for you grew. I fell ‘in love’.

Even now 18 years on, the sound of his voice melts my heart. What we have is so special. He is someone I have made promises to, who I am sharing my life with. Someone who’s love for me has already stood the test of time.

To be without my soul mate would leave a void, impenetrable by anything or anyone. Time would make the feeling of loss easier to cope with but he has become part of my life, part of my world, part of my day. We will always have each other and the times we shared. His continuing love and support will always be needed and the same will always be offered. He will not be forgotten like those that have gone before him, he will remain with me and in my heart forever. He has taught me about myself and I have learnt so much about the world around me.

I will make no apologises for who I am and for what I have done in my life, I have no regrets. It is only to regret the things we didn’t do and the chances we didn’t take. My past shapes me and makes me who I am. It is the present that keeps me where I am and it is the future that intrigues me as to where I am going and what comes next. Control of our lives is not ultimately ours. We can safeguard against certain things and try our best to live our lives according to the ‘rules‘, however it is our own rules we break and our own rules that punish us. With my soul mate by my side I feel I have my very own ‘Guardian Angel’ looking out for me.