Geneva - La Jolla, California

As a skeptical child, I assessed every situation thoroughly. Objectivity allowed me the freedom to covet an experience’s informative value through reflection. Here in the present, I find myself in the face of my future with only my past to guide me- with only what my lifetime experiences have bestowed upon my consciousness as it’s eternal sage. It is this insight which has lead me to assume that knowledge is directly associated with experience, and proportional to one’s endeavored strength and characteristic.

Knowledge is empowering; in every form it may be derived from. I spent my childhood prodding this idea until it assimilated in my discovery of the sciences, later to become my present scholastic realization of a goal- a major in biochemistry. With this inspiration, significance was given to the endless calculations, and acute explanations of the universe through physical and biological laws. It seemed every textbook or novel I read gained me the intelligence of a previous existence is history, and as I experienced more, an inner awareness defined my personal strength as a quest for information. This was book-read intelligence, one of the facets of knowledge which I had been first exposed to through standard education.

Being an analyst, I evaluated society and my place in it as a natural haven for experimental knowledge. I found: educational, cultural, naturalistic, aesthetic, physical, introverted, and practical knowledge; all of which were a result of significant events on an individual level, accompanied with an inner growth of one’s self. Depending on experience, one may attain one or all of these. For example, cultural knowledge in ancient cultures may be naturalistic in the tribes’ familiarity of nature’s remedies, collected by the elders whom were publicly commended by age and subsequent experience. The monk’s inner search for divinity will strengthen him over time as he obtains personal, introverted knowledge during his journey. The artist will gain self-confidence through his aesthetic knowledge. The scholar will be awarded a lifetime sanctuary of information and personal fulfillment.

Even still I’m exhilarated by the possibilities of a lifetime, and the ability of myself to evaluate my circumstances and draw from my experiences both growth and knowledge. Yet I believe that in a blind society, clarity is derived from obscurity, knowledge from experience, and experience through learned perspective. I believe that in a petty existence, there is reason within it’s every moment and thought.