Keyara - Missoula, Montana

I Believe In Essay

I believe in belief. Belief, to believe such a strong but hesitant word to acknowledge and experience on a personal level. It is like the word love. Love is a powerful word that many people do or don’t experience for themselves. I have love for my family and friends. But I have never been in love. I hope one day I will but for the time being I just want to remain hurt free.

I receive love from my family and friends as well. But people question me why I always say I love you or love yea cause I want them to know I do. I care about them and I don’t ever want something to happen to myself and regret not saying I love you or saying I care about them. My Grandfather who I also call my papa. He was a wonderful man. Always caring, kind, willing to give you the shirt off his back. He was a loving papa who taught me so much in life and cared about my education and future so much. He helped me with all the subjects I struggled at, math and science and reading but he always taught me new things. He was one of my greatest teachers in life. I am speaking of him in the past because this summer he passed away. Papa believed in incarnation and the “soul.” Before he passed he gave me a book about a woman who believed in past lives and incarnation. Once he passed away I started reading the book. Once in a while I feel that he is watching me and that he is still around teaching me his beliefs. My papa is around making sure I am understand life and past lives and how people meet in past lives. I believe I might have met him in a past life and I hope to meet him a future life someday.

So I believe someone else’s believes can be shared and supported by other people. So I guess I believe in my papa. I believe in love. I believe in Life after death and I believe my soul will find what I really believe by other people and souls who will show me the way to find myself and believing in myself.

I feel truly blessed to have spent eighteen of my years on earth with a man who helped influence my beliefs and help me to find myself and still cause myself to learn and become more comfortable with myself . I am beginning to believe that my papa and other souls are guiding me in this path we call life. So just want to say to all these spirits who are with me, helping me and guiding me. Thank You, and thank you Papa for educating me and guiding me. You have helped me ease my pain and worry. You’re the one who helped me to believe. Like love I am still studying and observing and connecting and truing to experience love and my own beliefs. With time I hope to experience these two emotions and personal spirituality eventually that is so much spoken and written about.