maryam - loomis, California
Themes: freedom

I believe in freedom. What our country is entirely established on, and something that most teenagers long to have more of, freedom has always been a part of our history and continues to exist in our lives’ today. As I see it, we as people have to have the emotional need of being at ease and open-mindedness. A vacation perhaps, might do the trick for some, but others might need their daily source of freedom in a different way of intake. I believe that people not only desire to have a way of “letting go” once in a while, when it comes to living such a hectic life, but mankind also reaches for the spiritual freedom that comes within oneself from the day you are born. I have always seen myself as a liberal type of person who firmly believes that living your life in a more stress-free way can contribute to how you might be reaching your levels of freedom. From a five day school week, homework, and dealing with all the everyday problems in the life of a teenager; I know that there are other people with even more stressful and busier lives than me. What I do know is that my form of freedom can come in one dose only; that is to be able to interact with the ones I love and care most about. This kind of social freedom gives me the energy I need and pumps me up in ways that’ll keep me going and wanting to wake up everyday to my life and fully enjoy it to its complete extent. Without it, I would feel dead, and wouldn’t really feel the need to do much because I’m missing almost like a part of me. That sense of freedom is the best reviver for me even at the worst of times. While I would rather be close to family and friends to give me the freedom of living up my life, some would prefer to take a vacation or a getaway to a place that is far away from all their usual daily problems and tiring routines. I know I wouldn’t mind getting away from it all once in a while. Most of these strategies can contribute to a person’s social, emotional, mental, and even physical health; leaving one so refreshed and with the feeling of freedom and ability to do what you please. As an important part of one’s daily activities, just like breakfast, freedom is what gives me the need to wake up and live my life to the fullest and keeps me going. If I lived in a dictator-like world and was limited to things that don’t need a limit at all, I would feel closed, isolated, depressed; as if I wasn’t able to reach life’s destination for me and I couldn’t partake in what life had in store for me. That is why I believe in freedom.