The Greatest Game

Craig - Loomis, California
Themes: sports

“When a team outgrows individual performance and learns team confidence, excellence becomes a reality,” this is a quote from Joe Paterno, the greatest college football coach of all time. I have been playing football for the last eight years, and each year I fall more in love with this game. It is a game that has taught me countless life lessons that I will carry throughout my life. I believe football is the greatest sport, diversion, and entertainment ever created.

Football is my life. I am up before school starts at 6:15 A.M. lifting weights and conditioning, watching film during 4th block, and then practicing until six. Football has taught me to be consistent, self-discipline, the real meaning of teamwork, and the ability to focus on executing one goal at a time. Along with being a winner and an athlete who takes pride in what he has accomplished through all the long hours and dedication.

In addition, I have obtained some of the greatest role models from playing football. I have learned from some of the greatest coaches I believe that teach this game and I have made some of the best friends anyone could wish for. Football has strictly formed my life into something great, that I will always have to look back on and value.

Other than that, football is something that I truly fell in love with. Every aspect of it. I look forward to waking up before the suns out to condition. I look forward to strapping on the pads and going to practice everyday. I love the fact that I am not able to sleep the night before a game because I have every play running through my mind a meteor shower. And every other night, I love dreaming of making that big play or big hit. I love the bond that is built with our team. The brotherhood that is established. I love walking out of the jungle, following the band, looking up into the roaring crowd, and taking the field. I love to hear the opponent talk trash because you have been dominating the entire night. I love being in that huddle in the fourth quarter, looking into the eyes of my brothers, knowing we’re going to beat them. I love that adrenaline rush I have throughout the entire game. The feeling is indescribable, beyond des cription. I love hanging out with my boys after a victory, talking over every play still high off the adrenaline. I love waking up the next morning beat up, bruised up, and sore. Knowing that we get to do it all over again on Monday. This I believe.