True Friends

Kristine - Loomis, California

I believe in finding out who my true friends are, not a whole bunch of fake friends. A true friend is someone that you can completly trust and is there for yuo through everything; they will listen to you and will be there for you no matter what. An acquaintance is someone that you see often , but don’t really hang out with. A friend is someone that you have a great relationship with and hang out with them. You trust them, but dont share every minor detail and trust them as much as a true friend. It all started when I started high school I made friends hung out with them. High school went on and I lost some because are friendship faded or just because some people in the group ended up hating eachother, or simply because the met new people adn started doing things that I knew I was better than so I stopped being friends with them. I can that through out high school I learned that a few close friends are better than a whole bunch of fake ones. My friends Brooke and Jackie have stuck with me through everything good and bad. They are my true friends that I know will be there anytime. They won’t judge me they love me for me. They will be part of my life for the rest of my life. I have friends and aquaintances that are close to me and I can tell things and trust them, but these two girls will drop everything there doing and help me with a problem or anything. “True friends walk in when the rest of the world walks out.” My true friends are my best friends. Recently I lost one of my true friends that was there for me five years of my life through everything. He knew everything about me and when I had a problem he immediately knew what to do and say. He direspected some of the people that I love and mean the most to me. So I talked to him and told him how I felt and he acted like he didnt care at all. So we decided to stop being friends and move on with life. He didnt try because he doesnt play games so he just put it as it is what it is. It really hurt me; it was like the last five years of our friendship didnt matter at all and that he didnt care about me or anything that I stood for. I thought that he would of reacted differently like he cared and wanted to try and work it out, but he didnt. Obviously he didnt care about me as much as much as I though he did. It just goes to show that I found out with my true friends are. I have really learned that people change and things happen, but my true friends will always be there for me. My true friends respect me and would do anything for me. I beleive in finding out who my true friends are. This I believe.