Kaitlin - Newcastle, California
Themes: gratitude

I believe life is a miracle. Each day is a gift given to us to make the best of it, living up to our standards. I know most people who read this will think what does this one have to say about life? And my answer is it doesn’t matter. My answer means nothing to others but me, as your answer is to yourself. What do you make of your life?

I am here to talk about what I believe, how I believe it, and why. I believe in life. I can’t begin to explain how blessed I’ve been though out my life time. We should’nt take advantage of our lives, or think for sure we have a tomorrow. I’m not here to tell you what is right and force you to join my path, but I believe God saved me. I shouldn’t be alive rightn ow, sounds like any usual teenager would say this for attention; but I’m not like most teenagers. My life should have been blown (literally) our of this world. I shouldn’t be able to write this message, read this message, see speak, or hear. On the other hand I am, this is a posistive story.

At the age of 14, I should have been taken away from my family, friends, team, teachers, peers, and my future. I was all just an accident that could have changed many lives. We were camping and needed to fill up five gallons of water ove the lit stove, yet the next minute we knew, it was gasoline. My dad reached for the switch and shut off the stove, other around us kept warning us how that was a blessed gift of survival. I am now 17 years of age, realizing I wasn’t just lucky, I was given a miracle. Now I share my message on why we should appreciate life, cherish life, believe in life, and LIVE life.

Why do we live with regrets? None of us have a perfect life behind us, or in front of us. I still tell my parents I love them, tell anyone whose leaving to drive safely and give a hug whenever there is a hello or goodbye; becasue we really do’t know if we have the extra chance. Because I know I shouldn’t be alive, I think I view life more as a gift instead of just “another day.” I can’t live a life for another, so you will never really know if the new person ou met knows how to live life, or still has to live it. i believe we will all eventually learn once we’ve lived life that we are winners, heroes, bu over all we are a miracle…a living miracle, for we are all capable of living. This I believe. I am living…are you?