Jessica - Penryn, California

“A friend is someone who is there for you when he’d rather be anywhere else.”- Len Wein. My friends are what I believe in. They are my support system, my backbone. Everyone needs a few good friends or just even one. Having that support always behind you, even you know they may not want to or it is difficult for them, is what gets me through the day. This is what I believe.

Friendship is a powerful thing. Your friends are the ones who know everything about you and what you do. A lot of the times my friends and I can tell what we’re thinking. They know what is good for me and what is bad for me even when I don’t know it myself. They know what’s good for me better than I do. The simple knowledge of having somewhere always there for you and having them by your side makes a lot of difference to you. Having someone there for you makes you a whole lot happier than not having anyone at all.

My friends and I do everything for eachother. They’re the ones I stay up with until 2 in the morning just to make sure they’re ok or be there for them, even though I’d probably rather be asleep. They’re the ones there for the hard times when it seems like no one can possibly understand. I’ve been with my friends through fights, deaths, divorces, abuse, and any hard time. Having someone there to hug you and tell you everything will eventually be ok, makes the situation just a little more better and bearable. You shouldn’t go through it alone.

There’s times when it’s hard to always be there, but my friends and I have seemed to manage it. Even when it’s difficult I’ve learned that good friends are the ones always there for you and will understand or at least try to. They are my family and my life. I don’t think you can get by without haivng at least one good friend. This is what I believe.