Nick - Orinda, California

I’ve never been a big fan of logic, in fact, I believe in nonsense. To be honest, I believe that logic is one of the worst inventions mankind has ever created. Now don’t get me wrong, logic is a good problem solving tool, but today people seem to go to excessive lengths with logic and to me that’s just plain silly. Everyone needs a little non-sense in their lives. Yet day after day people are becoming dull and are developing severe creativity deficiencies.

The world today is in trouble, not because of global warming but because the world is starting to make way to much sense. It seems we have figured out most of the basics of our own world and there is nothing left to discover. We know that man evolved from apes and woman evolved from she-apes, it is understood that the earth revolves around the sun and not the other way around, and we now know that the world is round. So now what? What do we do? Is humanity forever doomed to walk laps around the earth in a fog of total and complete understanding? What a sad and meaningless life, to know full well what lies beyond what we see and to not be able to question the perceived reality. This is not a future I believe in and not one I endorse.

People like Louis Carol, Dr. Sues, Hunter S. Thompson, and Salvador Dali knew that the world was becoming more logical every day so they did their best to take what the common man knows as normal and stand it on its head. I thank these members of society for their hard work at making what is sensible into non-sense. For without their constant efforts to keep us questioning the very fabric of reality we would be nothing but an army of gas guzzling zombies. I enjoy following their example on a daily basis, that’s why I try to confuse at least six people every day, including two strangers. Today I told one person to pursue a career in pottery, I complained to another that my pockets hurt, and tried to convince one friend that my gut was actually one giant muscle. Now go, puzzle, bewilder, and perplex the masses. Don’t let a soul rest without their daily dose of nonsense, and remember that the most confusing thing in this world is a man who understands everything.