Elliy - Missoula, Montana
Themes: Christianity

I strongly believe in the power of prayer. The time I spend talking to my Heavenly Father is the greatest and most influential part of my day. My life has been radically changed by God through prayer. Each day I wake up early, usually more tired then when I feel asleep and almost always in a horrible mood. My first thoughts are usually negative, the last thing I want to do is waste my time talking to God, but deep down I know that the minute I dive into prayer and start asking Him to send His Holy Spirit to walk with me throughout my day, I am immediately overwhelmed with a sense of joy and peace.

I know that, that I know, that I know, without a doubt my God is real, and if I didn’t spend time in prayer and fellowship with Him, and building up my relationship with Him, I wouldn’t be able to make it in this world of false hope and emptiness. God has totally taken over my life; He has changed me form the inside out. Now, all I want to do is share the love of Christ with everyone I meet! Everything that has happened so far in my life somehow, perfectly fits into his plan for me. Though I’m very unworthy, he has blessed me and continues to bless me every single day.

Not only has God changed my life, but I have witnessed radical changes in the lives of others. One Sunday I attended an evening service at my church, we had a special speaker that night. He was an African missionary here to share his personal experiences in the ministry, and then there was going to be a healing service. After his amazing testimony, he asked if any of us were struggling with any sort of physical illness. Several people raised their hands and came to the front to be prayed for. He anointed each person with oil and cried out to God; he declared they would be healed in the name of Jesus Christ. There was one elderly woman who arrived to the service with a walker,…she left the service running.

In God’s word he declares,”…whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.” (Mark 11:24). God has proven that promise to me time and time again throughout my life, and I am so thankful that I have access to such a powerful tool.