Kenley - lolo, Montana

I Believe

I believe that in this world we all have thoughts that run through our heads about every person we see and everything that happens. As a kid we all were brought up to “not judge a book by its cover” or just don’t talk about some one till you know him or her. Well, at least that’s how I was brought up.

I knew the facts and we all stereotype people everyday in our lives. It happened to me through my first few years of high school. I was a decent athlete ever since I was little. I loved sports and still do for that matter. The problem is, as I entered high school I found that my love for sports passion was fading in many ways I found new, interesting activities to be interested in. I got highly involved with drama and from freshman year, and most people that I knew through sports rejected it. I lost passion for my best sport, wrestling, I got hurt freshman year and never returned. I thank god, that I got involved in drama. I never returned to wrestling and many resent me for it.

I have heard everything that you could think of: people being mad at me for quitting and people hating me for “going drama” of all things. High school stereotype are just that wrestlers are jocks and going from wrestling to drama is not very common. Well, it was a hard transition and I still hear people talking bad about me for doing it. The thing is, I found my real passion. I plan on going to college for Drama Education and Tech. Theatre. I have scholarships lined up for me to go to the university of Montana, which is one of the best Technical Theatre school in the country.

I’m glad that I found my way and my heart is in drama. I love sports still, they’re a huge part of my life. I plan on playing again this year and still watch more than my huge part of my life. I plan on playing baseball again this year and still watch more than my share of sports. I now know what it feels like to be stereotyped and I feel sorry to all the people who deal with it from day to day. It has impacted my life altogether and changed my outlook on people. I know to this day I still judge people and place them in a stereotyped category. However, difference is I understand that it they came to me and started a conversation I wouldn’t judge them. I would get to know them the same way I get to know everyone else. The facts are I will probably like them the way they are they don’t need to change.

All that I believe is that everyone should not judge people. Be aware of the situation and do all you can to make people feel normal and great. Follow everyone’s attitude and follow there heart not there looks.