Rebecca - Rocklin, California

Self-Expression.

I believe is expressing yourself.

Expression, in any way, is good. You need to express yourself or you might go insane. it releases stress, and helps other people see things that they are dealing with from their point of view.

I moved from Albuquerque, New Mexico, to Rocklin, California completely randomly. i left all my friends, my family, my life behind, with only a week of warning. I was extremely stressed. I was only ten years old, and i could handle what was happening. As you get older the stress only grows. Expression helps me release stress. i paint and i play the guitar. Anything that can help me relax.

Even if you are terrible at art, pick up a pencil and draw out how you feel. It may sound ridiculous, but it helps. I am terrible at guitar; I can berely hold my hands the right way. But even just to hear the strumming, that i make, that i have control over what sound it makes, relaxes me. The same goes with painting as I’m not that good at painting; but i have control over what goes on the canvas. It may not live up to other people’s standards, but as long as it is what you want, then it is worth it.

I can have control. It may not the the things that i need control in, but i have some form of control. My mom and i fight constantly, and she always has to be right. I can’t deal with it. I am always in trouble, and being blamed for everything, while it seems like my brother never does anything wrong. I cannot control my moms head, or what she thinks of the both of us. But the fact that i can control something in general helps me.

pick up a paintbrush, a pencil, an instrument, anything. You can play the accordion, as long as it makes you feel better. Expressing yourself helps everything; just taking control over something. Some people take control of other things, and sometimes it can be dangerous. people just need a healthy way to vent, and expressing what it bothering them.