Jeanne - Missoula, Montana

Family is one of the most important things in the world. I believe that family should always stick together no matter what happens. Everyone is going to have problems and weak points but that’s all the more reason to srick together and grow together.

My grandma had been in poor shape for a few years. she was getting so bad that she had to move from her house in Missouri to live with me and my family here in Montana.

At first i was kind of bummed out about it because she would require so much attention from everyone and mostly my mom. Needing to be taken fo the doctor for tests and surgery to remove 50 stones from her gall bladder.

The easy thing for us to do would be to just put her in an old folks home. There we could go on with our own selfish lives just as usual. One of her only wishes is that she dies at home, and not in some type of hospital facility.

We respected that wish and even though a lot of people think it is for the better, sometimes it isn’t. There is a certain point when some people need perfesional care. But often times people are so selfish they just don’t care what the elderly person feels or wants.

Even though they are old, they still have just the same feelings as we might. I believe you should treat other people the way you would like to be treated. Nobody grows old hoping to be put into a nursing home where they have to be trapped every day, with nothing else to do but wait to die. You need to stick together if at all possible because in the end all you really have is your family.

We are here on earth to help others and to think not of just yourself and what you want all the time. Sometimes it may be a challenge and require more effort then you wish to put forth. But when you make someone elses life happy and more enjoyable for them, the same feeling will come right back to you.