Dylan - Loomis, California

I believe that no matter how good or bad my life is, my family will always be there to help and guide me.

No matter what I’ve done in my life my family has always been there. I’ve grown up in a good home and my parents have always loved me no matter what the situation would be. When I would get hurt they would be right there to tend my wound and tell me every thing would be ok. If I had something hard to do in school, they would tell me to just do the best that I could and leave the rest up to God. They have also taught me that I have a higher power that can help me get through any situation and that higher power is God. I think my parents have raised me to be a decent person in this world. They have taught me good morals and how I should respect others as well as myself and I think that has helped shape the person I am today.

My parents have never given up on me either. Any roadblocks in my life that I may have had, they have always been there. Instead of letting me deal all alone they have been there helping and guiding me down the right path. Even if I would make a mistake or get in trouble and get disciplined, their reasoning for it could be to show me a lesson, even if I didn’t see or think of it at that time. In times when I was mad at them or if they were mad at me, they still always loved me and never gave up on me.

They’ve also given me anything a person could want: a place to live, the roof over my head, the clothes on my body, a place to sleep, a place to eat and a place where I am always accepted for who I am. Even if I was never accepted anywhere, I could always go to my family and they would accept me for who I am and I’m glad to know that they will always be there for me. They have also pushed me towards my goals even though I may have not believed some goals were achievable.

As I look back on life, I took a lot of things my parents gave and helped me with for granted. I don’t think I have really shown my true appreciation towards them still to this day. I will say, “thank you” or “you’re the best parents”, but I don’t think I could ever show the same help or love that they have given to me my whole life. My parents are my heroes and they are the best a person could ever ask for.