Given World

brandy - penryn, California

I believe that this world was given to me, To create whatever I desire. Something positive, something beautiful.

My father often reminds me that as a child, I would wake up every morning, always with a smile, happy to start another day, having a positive outlook on life. As I grew older, that smile and positive attitude followed me. Learning that nothing could ever really bring me down and take that new day away has been the biggest lesson in my life. It has allowed me to realize that I can do what I wish regardless of the setbacks.

My determination has brought me a long way. I know that having a good work ethic will get me anything and anywhere I want. As a child, I would do chores to be able to get that new toy. As a teenager, I went out and got a job in order to have a car. Now, I’m working hard in school to get a head start for my dream career. All I have to do is work hard and apply myself. Nothing can hold me back from accomplishing my goals. This is my world.

Tully C. Knoles once stated, “The greatest thing about man is his ability to transcend himself, his ancestry, and his environment and to become what he dreams of being.” My life will be spent having a family, making a career for myself as a dentist, helping the poor, aiding those in need, and promoting peace. This is what I dream of doing. I hope that I can give this world to the next generation as it was given to me. From this world, I received the ability to dream, set ambitious goals, acknowledge peace, believe in love, and to know that I can do anything, have anything as long as I’m willing to work for it.

My ultimate goal is to contribute something positive to society. Use my eyes to visualize a perfect world. Then use my hands to mold and shape this world into something wonderful, for you and I. This world was given to me. This I truly believe.