Greg - Newcastle, California
Themes: sports

I believe in expression and doing what you want. After skating for over six years I have come to many conclusions about the progression of the sport, and the way you express yourself on your skateboard. I believe that progression leads to expression and that expression leads to uniqueness. I look down upon those that believe that Skateboarding is nothing more than a crime, or a bad habit. Smoking is a bad habit, and robbery is a crime not expressing yourself on a skateboard.

About a year ago I was given a ticket for skateboarding in a skate park. I was given a ticket for doing what I believed in, in a designated area for skateboarding. I don’t understand the reason for this. I understand if it’s a nice marble ledge in front of windows at a nice building, then I understand, but when it’s a grinded down ledge in a school that couldn’t get more wax colored, then I don’t understand. I also don’t understand why a city would go as far as to give out a ticket to a kid for skateboarding at a skate park.

I don’t let that get in my way, I have still been progressing and expressing myself since then. I believe for those that let that kinda stuff get in the way, that they need to learn to let it go, cause their will always be haters. Expressing yourself is what it’s all about, because expression is progression and progressing the sport is what it’s all about.

I believe that doing what you want is the most fun thing you could ever possible do whether it be on a skateboard or not. For me it’s all about exploring new things on my skateboard. Such as learning new tricks just messing around or exploring new aspects of the sport and new obstacles to skate. Recently I was asked by a little kid at a skate park, what my favorite thing to skate was, and honestly I didn’t have an answer. I had to look at him and tell him that I didn’t know. Now I do though, I like it all, I like everything about. I like the fact that it takes determination and skill. I like the fact that not everyone can do it, and that not everyone does. I especially like the satisfaction I get form accomplishing something new that I’ve never done before. I believe in skateboarding and all its good.