Brynn - Missoula, Montana

I believe in second chances. Second chances require being able to believe in yourself and I think believing in yourself is one of the most important traits a person can have. I had the opportunity to begin training for a fitness competition this January. I jumped on the opportunity and I could visualize myself standing on stage receiving the first place trophy for having a perfectly proportioned and toned body. Since I could visualize it I wanted immediate results. My show was scheduled for September, I had plenty of time. I worked hard in the gym doing cardio and weight lifting.

After about two months of training I looked in the mirror and realized I wasn’t looking the way I pictured. Soon after that I began to lose motivation. Even though I had lost almost ten pounds of pure fat and was looking good, I didn’t see what I wanted to see. I quit believing. This led to not hard workouts, easily straying from the diet, and losing the visual which led to failure. I began to gain weight back and lost all motivation.

In the past I have never had the courage to try again. I have the opportunity to change my usual ways. I have the chance to compete again in April and May and this time I’m not going to quit or lose faith in myself. When I’m felling down I’m going to look at where I came from and all that I have accomplished. I’m going to think about where I want to be and do all that I can to achieve the visual that I have had in my mind for the past nine months. I’m going to stand on that stage and receive my trophy. At this point in time I don’t care what place I get, I just want to be able to say I finally stood on that stage.

Over time I have learned to trust myself and believe that if I work hard for something, in time it will pay off. Believing in myself required me to hit my rock bottom and learn that rock bottom was a place I never want to visit again. It required me to lose all trust and faith in myself and start from a brand new, clean slate. Believing in yourself shapes who you are. If you can’t believe in yourself how can someone else believe in you?