Music Is The Key To Happiness

Brandon - White Bear Lake, Minnesota

I believe having music in my life helps me to keep my spirits up. Whether I’m listening to my iPod on the bus or downloading music off my laptop, hearing the sound of a delightful melody put to a steady beat always enlightens my day.

Different songs can remind me of different events I have experienced in my past. For example, listening to a song that was popular during middle school will remind of where I was in my life and the things that were important to me. They often remind me of happy moments but they can also remind me of some low points in me life. Which brings me to my next point.

Songs can also change my mood. When I have a bad day at school, I come home and put on an energetic, up beat song that will return me to my usual enthusiastic, happy self. Sometime they can even give me the feeling to dance, but only when no ones around. Other times, when I can’t get to bed at night, I’ll put on a slow song. Listening to the different sounds and the meaningful lyrics can ease my mind into a blissful dream.

In some ways to me, listening to music is like reading a book or a poem. Each song tells a different story that reflect the artist. You can learn about the way they live, the things they’ve experienced and there culture. Each song tells a different story and gives me a different feeling when I listen to it.

Music is something I can share with others. When I was younger, I mainly listened to the music my older brothers listened to, but now that I’m older, I still listen to the basic genre as them but I have found different artist’s that I enjoy. The type of music I listen to has also greatly been passed on to my younger sister and even some of my friends. Music is something I can talk about and share with almost anyone.

So whether music is cheering me or helping me get to sleep, or whether I’m listening to music or talking about it, music is and will always be a huge part of my life. I believe music is the key to happiness.