Help!

jacob - bonney lake, Washington

Have you ever been driving on the road, and your car breaks down? Well I Jacob Kinkel has had that problem. I was driving to a friend’s house and my driveline on my truck snapped off. Luckily for me I pulled into cul-de-sac with a couple of guys who knew how to fix cars; talk about 1 in a million. They fixed my truck that day for free. That’s when it hit me. People should do nice things for people because they are generous, not for a prize.

I believe that people should help other in need for heir own dignity, and pride. If it wasn’t for those two individuals hat happened to be outside, I might of had to spend a ton of money for me to order a tow truck and take it to a mechanic shop. Instead those two individuals helped me with a pretty big problem when they had plans of their own.

If everyday Americans could help someone in need, then the whole American society could be stronger. I’m not trying to say that people should pick up random people on the road, but help people that really need your help. For example if someone just got a flat tire outside your house, lend him or her an extra hand.

From my experience I learned that there are still people out their in the world, but their can be more. I also learned two pretty valuable lessons. When the two individuals helped me out on the side of the road they told me “we don’t want any money.” just to

that I was shocked. They also told me “ if you ever find anyone in need of your help that you should help them out as if they where your own daughter.” I looked into his eyes and truly said, “I will.” This is why I believe that people who help people in need should do it for their dignity, and pride. Not for the terrible mistake of greed.