Dylan - 97006, Oregon
Themes: respect

This I belive

Throughout my life the events that I experienced have shaped me to be who I am today. Out of all the people that I have met, I have come to a conclusion that in order to be considered a good person you must show two qualities, Respects and Selflessness.

If you don’t show these qualities than they are not an ideal person.

Everyone has met someone in their life time that for whatever reason, they did not like. Maybe it was just the way that they viewed the world. maybe their beliefs were

very different than yours, and because of that they didnt respect yours. I think that for every person that has ever liked or disliked someone, it can be explained by lack of respect and selflessnes or showing respect and selflessnes.

When I was in middle school, there was a certain person that I didn’t really like. When I first met this person they bashed on me for liking a certain kind of music. Ever since that first impression I would become angry whenever I was around this person and after awhile we would insult each other all the time. This whole conflict that I had with this certain person can all be traced back to a mutual lack of respect between the both of us. Also we were both selfish because neither of us could let go of our pride and start over again.

You might think that there could be many other factors that decide a good person from a not so good person but respect and selflessnes pretty much covers it all. If you have respect for some one, you would probably be honest with them, you wouldn’t insult them or try to make them feel bad about something that you personally disagree with or

practice, you still would have respect for them.

In conclusion, out of all the friendships or good relationships that people have had it all comes down to respect and selflessnes. I personnaly believe that you must allways show respect to people that you first meet. After you come to know them some what , that is when you should be able to decide whether or not you will show them any respect.