Bekah - Beaverton, Oregon

I Believe

Life is not something to take for granted. It’s full of choices, actions and consequences. Taking the easy road is never going to make you a better person. But on the other hand, taking the hard road is nothing short of a long journey to the life you choose to live. Whether you choose to better yourself or lose all grips under the pressure in the real world.

We all start at a blank page, a nothing. we are all innocent somethings, neither developed or ready. Squirming in the light of society falling into unison with one another. We begin making decisions for ourselves at a pace of indecency, never seeing past the cover.

In my own life my choices have led me to rock bottom. Flailing helplessly in the spot light . I realize this is my last chance, knowing without a decision im further away than planned. Never understanding my desires to be alone. Other than in my own silence do i truly feel whole again. Family slowly losing hope, because broken relationships is all i have left them. I pushed and pushed until i had no one left to push away. I was sick, and not one person could help me, but only because i didn’t want help. It was like the tide of the ocean, crashing down on me and pulling me under.

I deserted my friends and my family for a pathway even unknown to me. I found myself huddled in the corner trying to coax the real me out. Saying words of insanity and fighting cravings of a dirty substance sweet to my lips. A waste of a life people used to say. I was to far gone for anyone to have faith. Eyes clenched shut wishing to be free of the person i was. I needed to try. As Unrelenting realizations brought me back to reality.

It’s a tough process of finding yourself, and i still have a long way to go. Changing who i am and used to be is a never ending battle. Temptations, lies and deceit all flow through me again. I sit at the waters edge, watching the water ripple as it glistens in the light of the setting sun. The shadows playing tricks on my eyes, pretending to listen to what it’s saying. Preaching wisdom sweet to my ears.

After a long battle of rehab, counseling and self examination, i know i can be the person i need to be. Looking at the past and how i’ve changed, i can only smile. Never give up on life, it is the most precious thing that we have. Realize it’s never to late to turn it around. From my own experiences, i know now life is something to cherish. Because in reality you only live once.